Friday, October 15, 2010

Into the Blue...

Many, many years ago I wrote a column for our local newspaper that was meant to be a humorous look at rural life through my somewhat wonky eyes.   I loved writing it as it gave me a creative way to vent all the "stuff" happening in my life and it virtually kept me within the limits of, well, clinical sanity.  I kept all of the articles not for the sake of pride (because looking at them now I realize how poorly they were written) but more so for the ability to capture moments of time, moments that I knew would pass too quickly and if not immortalized in some way, would otherwise be forgotten.  They are like a picture or a snapshot of my life at the time and I treasure them.  Maybe once in awhile I will post one so you can catch a glimpse of my life 10 to 12 years ago...definately messier and dirtier with three little one's underfoot, but also vibrantly alive, contagiously exciting and a whole lot of fun.

I guess Into the Blue is a second go-round for me...a desire to live well and on purpose and to record that process as a way of sharing my journey and asking you to come along for the ride.  Life is a ride isn't it?  We get one ticket, we get one ride...we get to choose how much we will enjoy the ride, or how much we are going to hate it. We get to choose the impact we will have on others whether it be good or bad and we also choose how we will allow others to impact us.

So, my encouragement is to enjoy your life and all the days you have been blessed with.  Make the most of every opportunity, tell your husband or wife how wonderful they are each and every day, it might be your last chance.  Fill your children with unshakable knowledge that they are loved and they have a special role to play in the world and they will become leaders.  Hug your friends often and remind them of all the things you love about them.  And most of all, never forget to give thanks to God for every breath that you have been blessed with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your writings make me laugh, weep, and want to try harder to be the person I know I am meant to be. Keep writing! . . .